Ayurveda is a profound art and science of well being.
As traditional medicine, Ayurveda is based on ancient wisdom codified in the Vedic texts of India thousands of years ago, long before the western medicine system was established. Ayurveda is a system designed to reverse disease patterns, support holistic healing and tissue regeneration, uplift the mind resulting in improved mental health, sleep, vitality, and potent energy.
With Ayurveda I empower you to make health care decisions based on your specific and individual prakruti or constitution, to harness and align the power of the five great fundamental and indivisible elements:
Fire is known as agni in Ayurveda. The fire principle is responsible for all metabolic processes in the body, as well as the processing and cognition of sense perception.
Your body is made up of nearly 70% water. Known as jala or ap, the water element is responsible for flow and absorption of nutrients to every tissue in the body. Water keeps the joints, connective tissues, and skin lubricated, smooth and supple.
The earth element, or prtvi, is responsible for form, stability, and strength throughout the body. Ayurveda recognizes the aspect of Matter, or the Mother principle, and Her contribution to our wellness and health.
Vayu, the element of air and wind, is responsible for all mobility and motion throughout the body. Blood flow, nerve signaling, muscle contraction, and the wavelike motions of the stomach and intestines required for healthy digestion and proper elimination are all governed by the health of vayu.
The element of space is known as akasha. It is the fundamental fabric out of which the manifest universe is woven. Every organ and every molecule in the body needs its proper space. Spaciousness in the mind allows for expansive and creative thought processes, and a willingness to be curious and open-minded.
Can Ayurveda help with what ails me?
YES! With the wisdom of Ayurveda and a working knowledge of the five-element system of Ayurvedic medicine, we work together to vastly improve your health and identify and reverse the underlying cause of your symptoms and illness patterns.
Together, we can address symptoms or conditions that are:
- Chronic (long term, lifelong) or acute (recent)
- Debilitating and frustrating
- Injury or trauma related
- Seasonal (like allergies) – or unseasonable and odd (like getting flu in the summertime)
- Due to environmental or food allergies or sensitivities
- Due to toxic exposure
- A result of chronic systemic inflammation
- The result of an autoimmune condition
- Acute, such as the “common” cold
- Vague and nonspecific or “I’m just not sure, but I could be better.”
My clients and patients have experienced the following results while in my care:
- Improvement in sleep patterns, resolving insomnia
- Reduced blood pressure
- Improved blood lipid levels, reduction in LDL and improvement of HDL/LDL ratios
- Improved fasting blood glucose and HBA1C levels
- Reduced or eliminated menstrual pain, improved blood flow, volume, and duration
- Reduced symptoms associated with menopause
- Improved sinus and lung health associated with seasonal allergies, environmental toxins, or illness
- Improved mental health, resulting in a brighter, more hopeful, supported, and connected outlook
- Reduction in recovery time, post-surgery. Surgical preparation, and support planning, is important for recovery.
I help you understand how to apply Ayurveda in its simplicity and complexity. As an Ayurvedist and a mother, I have thousands of hours of training and practice. I am capable and happy to work with your established medical team to integrate Ayurveda healthcare into your medical care plan as appropriate and applicable. I come from a family of physicians, and can speak their language.
At Roots of Wellness Ayurveda, ALL ARE WELCOME. I welcome all races, genders, nonbinary-fluid-identifying beautiful humans, of all ages from young to the wisdomful elderly to experience my care.
When you are ready to accept radical responsibility for your health, you will not be turned away. Together, we can work out a payment plan or discuss and decide the affordability of your care. I am here for you.
Please note that Roots of Wellness Ayurveda adheres to patient confidentiality and individual health information privacy in accordance with HIPAA Privacy Rules.
Heather Baines is not a licensed physician or medical doctor. As appropriate, I will work with you to coordinate your herbal protocols with your medical care team. All herbal and supplemental remedies and formulations are checked for pharmaceutical drug interactions and contraindications, as well as for efficacy based on published scientific medical research. Offering the highest standard of care and integrity under the Colorado Natural Health Consumer Protection Act, Colorado SB 13-215. For more information about Health Freedom in Colorado, please visit our friends at National Health Freedom Action.